In Progress Anti-spam measures

Luzik

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Since Wednesday, we've had a user spamming the forum with dangerous links.
To combat this spam, I've implemented certain blocking and restriction measures.
I won't go into further details to avoid helping them bypass these blocks.
However, if you're experiencing any issues due to these restrictions, please contact me via PM so I can find a solution for you. But normally, this shouldn't impact you too much.

Thank you for your numerous reports (you've spammed me too, haha!). To prevent being spammed with reports, you can simply report the spammer's user profile instead of all their messages.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

SoleMann

Access
Reaction score
Website
www.deviantart.com
Thanks for the info and all the effort you put into making this forum a safe place for it's members :)

Reactions: Luzik

Luzik

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
I'm glad to see that these anti-spam measures worked very well, it completely blocked it.
I'll gradually lighten/adjust these measures in the coming days to make it less restrictive for our real users.
Depending on these adjustments, the spam may come back, I'm watching closely 👀

Duude2435

Access
Reaction score
I almost fell for one I think, thankfully i had to close out because I'm paranoid that I'm being watched! thanks for the heads up!

Reactions: ScarG

ScarG

Access
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Since Wednesday, we've had a user spamming the forum with dangerous links.
To combat this spam, I've implemented certain blocking and restriction measures.
I won't go into further details to avoid helping them bypass these blocks.
However, if you're experiencing any issues due to these restrictions, please contact me via PM so I can find a solution for you. But normally, this shouldn't impact you too much.

Thank you for your numerous reports (you've spammed me too, haha!). To prevent being spammed with reports, you can simply report the spammer's user profile instead of all their messages.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
Sorry that you got spammed! But thanks for your work. 😊

Reactions: Duude2435